Women's Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business
Together, UNIFEM and the UN Global Compact have developed The Women’s Empowerment Principles to provide a set of considerations to help the private sector focus on key elements integral to promoting gender equality in the workplace, marketplace and community.
Principles in Brief
1. Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
2. Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination.
3. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers.
4. Promote education, training and professional development for women.
5. Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
6. Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
7. Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.